The overall purpose of job is to ensure effective and efficient managing and administering of the station. This role is accountable for on-time departures, baggage mishandling, excess baggage collection and travel document violation. The Station Manager shall also maintain the highest level of safety, security and service standards for ground operations.
- Ensure optimum payload, safe, efficient and on-time departure of flights
- Ensure handling process of passengers, baggage and cargo in accordance to company’s procedures
- Co-ordinate and monitor the Ground Handler’s performance to meet our service standard
- Ensure full compliance of the Company’s Accounting procedures at the station
- Maintain close rapport with the governmental and regulatory authorities in the station
- Supervise and monitor the Ground Handler on handling of our flights
- Provide managerial and administrative support to personnel within the station
- Handle and be accountable for any monetary transactions at the station
- Interface with all agencies pertaining to the performance and profitability of the station and the company
- Recommend and implement improvements to achieve optimal station performance and reduce cost
- Submit Daily Station Report and compulsory monthly report to Head Quarters on time.
- Make decision on operations and cost related matters within the scope of authority
- Strive for ZERO DEFECT in Ground Handling on passengers, baggage, cargo and in-flight services.
- Co-ordinate with Ground Handlers and Airport CIQ authorities to ensure on-time performance
- Represent company to attend meetings related to airport development and operations
- Attend official functions on behalf of the company under the authorization of Head Quarter
- Maintain close liaison with various government agencies (CIQ, Police ,CAA and Security)
- To undertake any other tasks directed by Head Office in respect of operations and administration.
- To verify invoices pertaining to Station operations and administration before submitting to Finance for billing
- Handle guests’ complaints by coordinating with Ground Handler to take prompt remedial actions.
- Exercise cost control on all station expenditures to ensure within the budget
- Ensure the station is managed and administrated in compliance to the regulatory requirement in terms of safety, security, crisis and emergency
- Prepare and compile reports, statistics, and budget in respect to station as required by the Head Office. Accountable for the revision and updating of the manuals in the station
- Ensure the revision and updating of the manuals in the station and ensure all audit aspect is in accordance to the requirement
- Has authority to make decision up to Low Risk Event to the safety and/or security of the aircraft operations related to respective station and shall consult HOD for any medium risk events.
- Ensure ground handling operations are conducted in accordance with applicable regulations and AAX’s Standard.
- First and foremost, a strong leader with great skills and talents for managing, exciting, motivating large groups of people into achieving big ambitions. (Many of these people may not be employees, but dealers, distributors, business partners of AAX). Yet also somebody who is strong at managing KPIs and deliverables as is expected in any sales and service organization.
- You must be a very passionate person at understanding passengers, knowing their needs and expectations and working towards exceeding them
- You would also be a very key member of the top management team that drives AAX, so over and above being skilled and proficient in the actual role, also be someone who can contribute towards the general management and direction of AAX.
- And in an organization where being a valuable team player is of paramount importance, you must also be a person with strong opinions and convictions, as well as one who values others’ opinions and inputs, and are not afraid of debates and discussion on how things should be done.
- A combination of university diploma / degree or above, in any discipline, and/or extensive experience in airport operations environment
- At least three years’ team leader experience in airline Guest Services and operations, preferably as Duty Executive
- Excellent interpersonal communication and influencing skills
- Experienced in cultivating relationships with airport authorities and regulatory bodies
- Experienced in managing a diverse workforce across different shifts / rosters
- Proficient in:
- Government regulations (customs, immigrations and related matters)
- Company policy and Standard Operation Procedures
- Dangerous goods acceptance and handling
- Aircraft loading
- Flight security procedures
- Safety incident / hazard reporting
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.